GardenRant welcomes “guest ranters” who want to take over our little piece of cyberspace for the day. Whether you’re in the plant industry or just an ordinary gardener with an axe to grind, you’re invited. Because GardenRant is read by garden writers, editors, publishers, and other garden bloggers, it’s a great way to get your story out to gardeners, communicators, and industry insiders.
Here’s how it works:
1. Get in touch with one of us through the About Us page. Just follow the links.
2. Let us know what’s on your mind.
3. Once we work out the details, we’ll pick a day for you to post.
4. Send us your post as a Word document or in the body of an email. Be sure to include photos and links to websites if you have them.
5. You might want to check GardenRant throughout the day your post is up and respond to readers in the comments.
Isn’t that simple? Well, there are a few more things you might want to know.
What, exactly, is a guest rant?
First, roughly 300-1,000 words.
Second, it’s highly opinionated. Take a position on an issue, pro or con. Rant or rave, just have a point of view. Be unguarded and informal.
Third, it’s interesting. Surprise us. Get people talking.
We’re looking for posts that are interesting and personal and off-the-cuff and fun. Seriously, no PR talk, and no how-to.